WELCOME!

CALENDAR


PHOTOS
Slideshows with pictures from past events are also posted to the right. To access the online albums containing the full-sized pictures, simply click the slideshow.

CORE TEAM
For profiles of our core team members, scroll all the way to the bottom of blog.

PRAYER REQUESTS
Please e-mail all prayer requests to olqwyouth@gmail.com or cecilia.v.flores@gmail.com

NEED MORE INFO?
We hope that this blog is able to provide you with the information you're looking for. If you weren't able to find what you were looking for, please feel free send us an email (olqwyouth@gmail.com).

Thank you very much for visiting our blog! We hope that you will visit this page frequently to stay current with our ministry, and that you would keep us in your prayers!

Youth 2000 - Testimony written by Sr. Elizabeth CFR

Youth 2000 - Testimony written by Sr. Elizabeth CFR
Click on the picture of Claire to read the Eletter

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Meet Our Core Members!


Here are short autobiographies of a few of our core members!
(I'll continue to post these as they come in from the core.)
These youth and young adults have been and will be working and praying diligently for the Youth 2000 and for all of the youth and young adults coming to take part in this wonderful experience!


ROSALEE DUENAS
FOOD COMMITTEE CO-HEAD
My name is Rosalee Duenas and I am 22 years old. I am a shy, quiet person, but when I feel comfortable enough I tend to come out of my shell. I am a cradle Catholic who grew up into and still a part of Our Lady Queen of the World Church. It hasn't been until this past year that I really took a big leap into my faith. Joining the Youth/Young Adult group and going to Australia this past summer for World Youth day has made my relationship with God Existent. Before I went to Mass on Sundays but that was it, now I can't get enough; I am always at Church doing something. I started teaching the fourth grade Catechism class at my parish on my own this year and I am enjoying it.

I can't wait to meet those of you who are coming to our parish to help us out in sharing the faith with the youth.


JESSE BURGARD
HOSPITALITY COMMITTEE CO-HEAD
Hey there everyone! Most of you do know me but for those very select few that don't, let me introduce myself. My name is Jesse! I recently became Catholic in March of this year. I am very active in my parish of Our Lady Queen of the World and I am the so called "Youth Group President" When I am not attending church, you can either find me at work or at school, as those take up the rest of my time.

I am in my third year at a community college and I plan to transfer within the next year. I very much enjoy playing tennis, even though I watch it more than I get to play, and I am now taking piano lessons so I can become more sophisticated. I also just recently completed my first degree of the Knights of Columbus and will be taking my second degree very shortly. Oh, and even though I may look white, and be totally white, I am filipino at heart =]

ERNESTINA "ERNA" CUENCO
HOSPITALITY & MUSIC
Hello fellow Core Team members!! Ernestina Cuenco here. Basically everyone at OLQW calls me Erna, so those of you who are coming from far away parishes, feel free to call me Erna as well! I am currently a junior at Ygnacio Valley High in Concord. I am sixteen years old and one the youngest members of the Core Team. I was just confirmed in May of this year. 2008 has definitely been my "breakthrough year" in terms of my spirituality. Receiving the Holy Spirit and also attending WYD08 in Sydney this summer has strengthened my religious outlook.

Personality wise, I'm rather shy at first, but once I feel comfortable, I'm really friendly. I love to be surrounded to people who love to be at church and praise Jesus Christ! My life is composed of five main things: church, family, school, volleyball, and music. Overall I'm a hardworking person. I've been playing volleyball for four years and the violin for about seven years. School work consumes most of my time. If it wasn't for my church, I'm sure I would have gone crazy! Despite all of my obligations I always try to keep in mind that I should be offering it up to God. I like to sing and dance, especially when it includes hand motions!! This coming Youth 2000 will be my 3rd one; now it's my turn to help out! I'm looking forward to January!

DOMINIC FIGUEROA
INTERCESSORY TEAM CO-HEAD
I've grown up in the bay area and am currently living in the Napa Valley. I am 16. I was born on April 8,1992 in Castro Valley. I attended school at a Catholic private school up until highschool and now I'm homeschooled.

By being educated in a private catholic school I learned the teachings of the faith, but I didn't have a strong relationship with God. I knew of God but not personally...intimately. I went to mass everyday, had a religion class, went to a catholic school, tried hard to do what was right, but didn't have a relationship with Jesus. Because of my parent constantly telling me what Christianity is about and some awesome retreats, I've come to realize how a relationship w/ God is what He wants and what we need so badly. I would have traded all that knowledge for a relationship w/ him. Nothing else satisfies.

CECILIA MARIE FLORES
OVERALL CORE TEAM COORDINATOR/MUSIC
Youth 2000 will be my last event as the OLQW youth group coordinator. Shortly after the retreat I will be leaving Pittsburg to join a missionary lay community in Honduras. It has been a wonderful 5 year journey in youth ministry since my conversion, and I am glad that I will be closing this chapter in my life the same way it started - at a Youth 2000!
For a better bio than this one, check out my mission blog:
lukeninetwentyfour.wordpress.com

No comments: