WELCOME!

CALENDAR


PHOTOS
Slideshows with pictures from past events are also posted to the right. To access the online albums containing the full-sized pictures, simply click the slideshow.

CORE TEAM
For profiles of our core team members, scroll all the way to the bottom of blog.

PRAYER REQUESTS
Please e-mail all prayer requests to olqwyouth@gmail.com or cecilia.v.flores@gmail.com

NEED MORE INFO?
We hope that this blog is able to provide you with the information you're looking for. If you weren't able to find what you were looking for, please feel free send us an email (olqwyouth@gmail.com).

Thank you very much for visiting our blog! We hope that you will visit this page frequently to stay current with our ministry, and that you would keep us in your prayers!

Youth 2000 - Testimony written by Sr. Elizabeth CFR

Youth 2000 - Testimony written by Sr. Elizabeth CFR
Click on the picture of Claire to read the Eletter

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Youth 2000 reflections

Here are reflections from some of the youth and young adults who attended this past youth 2000:

I think the retreat went very well. It was an awesome to see the youth excited and pumped for Jesus. I went on Monday to CCD and some of the students gave awesome testimonies; it is good to see that they got something from this reatreat and are closer to God than they ever have been. One said that he had opened his heart for a smidgen of a second and it was "like a police raid" within him. I think that's an awesome reflection in that if you give God even the slightest chance, He's in... "BAM" you don't know what hits you, but it feels incredible.
-- Rosalee Duenas

Youth 2000 has been an indescribable event which I am soooooooo happy to have had the privilege of being a part of. This Youth 2000 has brought me closer to Christ in the Eucharist. I love the focus on Christ throughout the weekend. This retreat has helped me in my spiritual life. I no longer think about prayer as an obligation but a privilege. We can talk to God throughout the day whether it be in thanksgiving or a prayer request...God listens to us. How awesome is that?
-- Elizabeth Figueroa

Well as a week ago, I went to Youth 2000!!! Ohh man was it an awesome experience. I’ve only been to 2 retreats and it was the one at OLQW 2 years ago and the one we had last week. I have to say that the last retreat we had really changed me. It made me open my eyes and see the world in a whole different light. Not only did I get to make new friends but I also strengthened my relationship with God. So as Friday night came, I was really pumped up to go but I wasn’t really in the Jesus high zone yet. When it was time to see the burning bush, I totally felt his presence and I was pumped for the next day. Friday night was a good way to start off the weekend off as I start to get in touch with my Jesus frenzy side. So Saturday comes by, and I freaking explode in excitement for the Lord. I was popping up and down for every song we sung, and dang I have to see that we had a good music ministry. Although some of these songs I haven’t sang in a long time and some I’ve never even heard before, I felt as if I already knew the lyrics to them. Amazing and Hungry were just simply amazing to me, I would tear up almost everytime we sang them lol. Anyways as the day goes on and Fr. Joseph came around with the monstrance and as he came around towards me, I said to myself “come into my heart”, after that I just started to burst into tears. Seeing him right in front of me got me thinking… if I was even worthy of being able to touch him. Cause no human is perfect, we all sin at times. I cried because I knew I was sinful and have done many bad things in the past but yet he still loves me. As I kept on making waterfalls out of my eyes they start singing Amazed… and that just made me cry even more! And when they sang these words “Lord im amazed by you, how you love me” I knew in my heart that it was so true. I AM amazed by how much he loves me, this sinful person that’s not worthy of love by such a great person. Even though I committed so many sins that hurt him, he still loves me. And then after Amazed, they freaking play Hungry… -_- now at this point im in a pool of tears. This song was also true! I was hungry for him because without him there is no motivation or inspiration to go on further. Now Sunday came by and I just wanted to show everyone what the retreat did for me, I wanted to show how much faith I have in me to everyone. I was glad that I came to the retreat but sad that it ended already. It’s been a week since Youth 2000 ended and even now im still listening to all of those songs we sang. Although the retreat ended, I still feel his presence with me all the time.
-- Vu Nguyen

I have been going to Youth 2000's since 2004, and every time it's a new experience with new excitement and anticipation as the retreat draws closer and closer. This year, as the retreat approached, there was an excitement within me to see familiar faces all there to worship, and I was looking forward to that "on-fire" experience I always ended up with after the retreat, ready to share my faith with anyone who would listen. This retreat however seemed to be a totally different experience but in such a wonderful way. The past semester before the Youth 2000, I had fallen off faith in the strangest way. I kept God in my heart, thanked Him everyday, and knew that He played such an essential part in my life. However, I never went to mass, held off going to confession for the longest time, and I never prayed. When the retreat rolled around, everyone was getting to know each other, and CORE was running around (with their heads cut off) helping youth get excited. And while everyone went on snack breaks, I felt the need to stay inside, and pray. I kept to myself a lot of the retreat, always in a meditative state, which has never really happened while I was on these retreats. And as the retreat drew to a close, I realized that God was re-enforcing in me, the basics of living faith: mass, confession, and constant prayer. I was missing the essentials to faith and had rediscovered them in a way I didn't even realize could happen. Jesus in the Eucharist is what drew me closer into faith, and Jesus in the Eucharist is what brought me back. God is so good.
-- Roxanne Pasibe

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.